Monday, April 23, 2012

Weekly Weigh In - Week 5

Well - maybe I should whine a bit more about my weight loss, because this week was a big ol' 2 POUNDS! Yep, I get to add an "s" to that.  This would make a grand total of 6 pounds in 5 weeks.  Not too shabby if I say so myself.

Since I didn't hear from any of you on questions you have, or comments on how you are doing I am going to randomly choose a topic to discuss every week.  This week I am going to talk about my diet. I have learned from my past mistakes that trying to follow a strict diet doesn't work long term for me. What does - so far making small, but lasting, changes.  I have pretty much eliminated artificial sweeteners from my diet, and instead use natural options if I need to. I have also severely cut "white" products, like potatoes, bread and pasta.  Instead I am using whole wheat bread and pasta products and if we do have potatoes we have sweet potatoes.  I am also adding a TON of fruits and veggies to my diet.  The thought behind that is that if I am filling up on fruit and vegetable options I am not hungry for "junk". (Does this mean that I always, 100% of the time make these choices - nope. Just most of the time.)

I also allow myself one "treat" a day.  Lately that has been Easter Candy, a cookie, or something like that.  

I do have a couple of new recipes that I have been making, so leave a comment to vote on which one you would like me to feature next!
1.  Buffalo Chicken Salad
2.  No-bake Energy Cookies
3.  Crustless Breakfast Quiche

Until next week!

2 comments:

Vicky said...

I eat crustless quiche every morning for breakfast! I started when I was doing an Atkins diet and I realised that eating crustless quiche and a glass of milk filled me up so much that I didn't need to snack on anything until lunch time. My quiches are basically eggs, milk, ricotta, pumpkin, cheese and bacon. I put them in muffin tins in cupcake patties and eat two at time. They freeze really well. They are 140 calories for two.

Kellie said...

I vote for Buffalo Chicken Salad! :-) And I need to call you soon...sorry it's taken so long. Hope you are feeling better. You'll have to give me the allergic reaction to allergy meds story when we get together - yikes!