Monday, April 2, 2012

Weekly Weigh In - Week 2

So how did this week go?  Down 2 pounds! That is a total of 3.5 pounds in two weeks.  I am pretty excited about that.

I know for me, I tend to focus on how I have failed and often need reminders that there are times I get it right. Today I would like to focus on those successes!

The first was just planning out my week.  I planned menus, time, activities and planned in times that I could treat myself, and times I knew that I needed to buckle down more to make room in my life for the treats.

Second, we went for ice cream at my favorite place (this was actually not this past week, but the week prior) Handel's Homemade Ice Cream.  In the past, I would get a dish of ice cream and eat it so fast that I didn't really even taste it.  Which is a shame - as the dark chocolate raspberry truffle is worth every minute on the treadmill to burn the calories.  This time, I got a small dish, ate part of it, and took the rest home and ate it over several days.  I stretched it out, and enjoyed it even more.  I was just as satisfied as when I pigged out and ate it all.

Lastly, I had dinner with a friend at a favorite restaurant. I planned my day (food wise) around this day, and instead of emptying the bread basket myself, I had two small pieces.  That was it.  I also ordered a huge salad for an appetizer, with fruit and nuts and all kinds of goodness in it, and just a small appetizer for my main course.  I even took some home for the next day.

So, those were my recent successes.  This weeks goals are to still exercise at least 5 times, 30 minutes of cardio, and adding in some toning exercises.  (Thank goodness for nap time!)  It is also Easter Weekend, which for us means a lot of food, so part of my plan is to accommodate for the big meals during other parts of the days/week.

Have a good week!

No comments: