Sunday, June 5, 2011

Grilled Stuffed Chicken

Just a note about my cooking.  I tend to loosely follow recipes.  I tend to not measure a lot, and go more by taste and what we like.  If you have any questions about any recipes I post, please e-mail me at foodinthebarrenland@gmail.com and just ask!

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast portions

1/2 cup chopped each:
Fresh Tarragon
Fresh Dill
Fresh Basil
Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley

3 (or 4, depends on how much you like) oz. Mild Goat Cheese (I used the Garlic and Herb flavor)
1 Lemon
Toothpicks
Non-stick cooking spray (Like PAM)

Heat grill to medium-high heat.

Finely chop all of the herbs and mix in a small bowl.  Zest the lemon into the mix.  Remove half of the mix and reserve.  Use a fork to mix the goat cheese into the remaining herb mix.
Clean and trim the chicken breasts. In the fattest part of the piece of chicken, cut a slit and use your fingers to enlarge to a pocket.  Place even amounts of the cheese mixture into each of the pieces of chicken and use the the toothpicks to tightly seal the pockets.  Spray each side of the chicken with the non-stick cooking spray.  Sprinkle the reserved her mix over the chicken, and squeeze some of the lemon juice over the chicken.

Grill until chicken is cooked through.


I served this with Garlic and Herb Cous Cous, and Grilled Asparagus (recipe to follow)



Grilled Asparagus

1 Bunch Asparagus, cleaned
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Whatever spices you enjoy

Place cleaned asparagus in a zip lock bag, pour in about a 1/4 cup of EVOO, and add the spices to your liking.
Toss to evenly coat the asparagus.

Grill in a grilling basket until desired tenderness is done.

I like to use lemon pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic, any fresh herbs.





(NOTE: The Chicken recipe is adapted from the Weight Watcher's Sizzling Cook Book  I think that I about doubled the amount of the herbs called for, as we like stronger flavors. I also chose the garlic and herb variety of goat cheese, as the recipe called for plain)

No comments: