Friday, May 27, 2011

Always At The Right Time...

Remembering back over the last year I can't help but think that it has flown by.  It seems like just yesterday we were packing up to stay at my parents home while we made some home improvements in our own house.  That's right, we got our referral call on May 16, 2010 then voluntarily chose to tear apart a large chunk of our main living space and remodel.  Ourselves. Yes, we are crazy.

I was looking back over my journal from that time as well, and remembering the sermon series at our Church last summer - called "Summer In The Psalms".  I think God planned that series for me. 

In one of my journal entries I  wrote about Psalm 1, verses 1-3 (NIV)

" Blessed be the one who does not walk in the steps of the wicked,
Or sit in the seat of mockers
But whose delight is in the Law of the Lord, 
and who mediates on His law day and night.
That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, 
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither-
whatever they do prospers!"

At the point I was reading/writing this we had just accepted our referral and were waiting for that precious travel call to come.  I knew in my heart that our adoption was ordained by God, that He alone had spread the path before us.  But it was still hard to wait - oh so hard to wait.  In reading this passage one part stuck out to me and has stuck with me since.  The best fruit comes when the time is right.  Not before it is ready, not after.  When the time is right - the tree yields the fruit. If you try to pick the fruit too early it is hard and bitter, too late and it is soft and spoiled, unusable. You have to wait for just the right time.

 The call would come when it was time - not a moment before or a moment after.  I have learned a lot about waiting on God, and it isn't always easy. There were times during our infertility and adoption that  I was so angry at God, but that is another post.  What I have learned is that God's timing and plan is the best, the most beautiful - but getting there isn't always the easiest.  Although, you do get the best fruit.



No comments: