Tuesday, November 1, 2011

This Guy....

Loves his wife.
Loves me.
Loves my husband as his own son.
Loves my child more than me.  (Don't worry, it isn't a secret)

He is my hero.  He always wanted what was best for me, and I always knew that.  (Even if I wouldn't admit it).  
He is my Daddy.  He taught me that sometimes life is more about the journey than the destination.  That you can talk to anyone, and find something in common. He taught me what to expect when I started dating, and to accept nothing less than what he taught - because I deserved that.  (A boy NEVER just pulled in the driveway for me, they had to come to the door.  Each and every time.)
We didn't always see eye to eye - we are both a mite headstrong - but in the end are always in each other's corners.  

He taught me how to parallel park in a '76 Grand Prix on Kenmore Boulevard when I was 16.  He always knew the best places to stop for treats, and was the only one to make me cry on my wedding day.  Just as we started down the aisle of course.  He's my Daddy, I'm his B-Girl.  
He taught me the most important lesson in my life - the best way to get to God is to turn and run to Him as hard and as fast as I can.  A lesson I am teaching my child now.

When we were not sure if we would ever have children, part of me was sad for him because I knew he would be a great Papa. And I was right.  It took about 30 seconds for Buddy to decide he loved him and go to him the first time they met.  And they are thick as thieves now.  (In all honesty, I think he is Buddy's favorite)

Happy Birthday Daddy 
Love, Your B-Girl






1 comment:

Tina said...

This is just the sweetest! I love all of these pictures!