Wednesday, March 21, 2012

New Recipe Alert - Goodness Green Chicken Salad

Here is one of the new recipes that I have tried, and it is one that is on my permanent list!  It was so good, SO GOOD, that I could have eaten the entire batch myself.  I didn't, I shared.
A lot of times when I cook, I take a basic recipe and modify it to my liking.  That is what happened with this one, you can find the original recipe here.

Goodness Green Chicken Salad

1 Large or 2 small cans chicken (Or about 3 cups diced, cooked chicken)
1 Medium Avocado
4 green onions, diced
A large handfull of chopped cilantro (or more, or less, to taste)
1 lime

If using canned chicken, open and drain well.  In a medium bowl mash the avocado, onions, and cilantro.  Mash until well blended.  Add the juice of the lime, and some grated lime peel. (The lime juice will keep the avocado from turning brown)
Adjust the seasonings as you like, you may need to add a little salt and pepper.

That's it.  I ate this with some multi-grain taco chips, and my hubby had his on whole grain bread.  Both were delicious.  I cannot wait to make this again!

No comments: